There was a quantum leap in revenue generation in the Ministry of Justice rising from about Three Million naira per annum to a High of about Three Hundred Million naira at a point. Procurement processes were stream lined and brought about openness in the Ministry.
Other highlights at the Ministry of Justice include:
- Establishment of the department of Citizens Rights including the Citizens Mediation centre.
- Making the Ministry of Justice IT compliant with laptops procured for all state counsel.
- Development and deployment of a document management and case tracking solution for the ministry.
- Initiating the establishment of a forensic lab to enhance law enforcement / investigation.
- Worked on law reform/ prison de-congestion.
- Amended the Law Reform Committee Law and initiated the review/publishing of the laws of Kaduna State and appointed a retired Appeal Court Justice as Chairman.
- Upgraded/Renovated the offices of the Ministry of Justice.
- Set-up the Advisory Committee on Perogative of Mercy.
- Promoted capacity building for staff through short courses, workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Ensure Police case diaries were treated faster and DPP’s legal advice issued within a few days.
- Set in motion machinery for implementation of recommendations of previous commissions of inquiries.
- Set in motion machinery for the domestication of the-Freedom of Information Act and the Administration of Criminal Justice Act.
- Renegotiated several contracts and agreements thereby saving the State billions of naira including the new Government House buildings.